SGU Curriculum 2020 Highlight
1. What is the main focus of the Curriculum 2020 in the study program that is emphasized and may be different than previous curriculum?
Curriculum 2020 is more emphasis on teaching systems based on the Siemens Mechatronics Systems Certification Program. Almost all subjects are taught by giving the general mechatronical system by means of system approach, that the more detail lessons of the corresponding topics, components as well as their fundamental analysis will be brought up as part of the overall system.
2. What is the content of Curriculum 2020 (e.g. learning outcome; methods; subjects) that will prepare graduates in facing new challenge in future economy (e.g. Industry 4.0; digital economy)?
In Mechatronics System Design 1, students learn how to design and manufacture the project. They also learn the trouble shooting, solve the problem and analysed. By dividing students into some groups, they learn how to work in a team. In Mechatronics System Design 2, students learn how to do the project individually. With two different approaches, students are expected to be able to work in a variety of conditions.
3. Additional notes of the Curriculum 2020 highlight
More elective subjects are presented for students who have interest in electric vehicles, mobile robot, automation, and inter department subjects.
4. What is the uniqueness of this study program compared to competitors?
The uniqueness of Mechatronics SGU is a teaching system that emphasizes not only theory but also direct application through projects, so that students better understand the context in each given material. Students are also invited to solve real problems in the industrial world. Including learning to work in teams and individually.
5. What kind of certificate of competence that will be received by the student?
The students will receive Siemens Mechatronics System Certification level 1 and or level 2.